|Prep Time||20 min|
|Cook Time||2 h|
Tags: #chili #dinner
|2 lbs||ground beef|
|1 Tbsp||olive oil|
|3 stalks||celery, diced|
|1||green bell pepper|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced|
|19 oz||kidney beans, rinsed, drained|
|20 oz||tomato soup, undiluted|
|28 oz||diced tomatoes|
|1 Tbsp||chili powder, divided|
|1 tsp||table salt|
- Brown the ground beef in the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until no longer pink
- Place in a large pot or slow cooker
- Do not drain
- Saute onion, celery and green pepper in the drippings, in the same frying pan used for the ground beef, for about 5 min until onion is translucent.
- Add a little of the chili powder.
- Add sauteed veggies to the ground beef.
- Add kidney beans, tomato soup and tomatoes with the liquid.
- Add the rest of the chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper, sugar, and garlic.
- Stir ingredients together well.
- Cover and simmer for 2 h, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cover and simmer for 30 minutes or more, stirring occasionally.
Could probably add starch or flour to thicken the chili
Serve with ciabatta bun