Garlic, olive oil and chili pepper
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
Tags: #pasta #dinner
|4 cloves||garlic, finely diced|
|3/4 cup||olive oil|
|30||cherry tomatoes, halved|
|dry chili flakes|
- In a big non-stick pan add the olive oil, chili peppers and the garlic
- Cook the garlic until it is nice and golden (white: too early, brown: too late)
- Remove from heat and add anchovies
- Once searing, return back to the heat and add cherry tomatoes
- Add pepper to taste, no need for salt
- Fry on medium heat and have the tomatoes blister
- Reduce heat and let simmer while the pasta cooks until al dente
- Drain pasta, then toss with mixture in the pan before serving
Original recipe: Giacomo Grillo
This recipe is the favorite of my dad. After a long and hard day at work, this pasta dish is all he needs to be in peace and happy. It is super-easy and straightforward but incredibly delicious.
The sauce takes minutes to prepare so bring the water to the boil. Do not add a lot of salt to the water since the sauce is a little strong on seasoning.
The reaction after adding the anchovies is pretty violent, so add them and with a wooden spoon and melt them with the heat off
You can prepare a little fancy garnish by toasting some breadcrumbs and fresh parsley in a non-stick pan until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Once you serve the pasta sprinkle some breadcrumbs on the pasta.